Office Addresses: Charles University, José Martího 2, 16200 Praha 6
Charles University Prague, RNDr., Analytical Chemistry, 1958,
Charles University, CSc. (Candidate of Sciences), 1964
Charles University, Associate Professor, Geochemistry, 1992
Charles University, Full Professor, Environmental Science, 1997
Jan Evangelista Purkyně University, Ústí n.L., Doctor Honoris Causa, Ecological Sciences and Environmental Protection, 2011
Professor at the Charles University in Prague where he teaches, he also founded the Environment Center and was its Director from 1991 to 2014.. He is also a member of several scientific and public policy bodies. His experience includes research on indicators of sustainable development (published two monographs commissioned by SCOPE) and various aspects of science-policy interface. He started his public life as the first Minister of Environment of the Czech Republic in 1990. Between years 2004 – 2010 he served as the Senator of the Parliament of the Czech Republic. From 2003 he is a member of the Governmental Council for Sustainable Development and the Chair of its Committee for Strategies. He held various international positions including Chairman of the UN Commission on Sustainable Development (2001) and Chairman of the Scientific Committee of the European Environment Agency (2000-2006). Some of his publication:
- B. Moldan: A Subdued Planet, 2009, Karolinum Prague, 411s. (in Czech)
- T. Hák, B. Moldan, A.L.Dahl (Eds.): Sustainability Indicators, 2007, SCOPE 67, Island Press, Washington, 413 pp.
- B. Moldan: Ecological Dimension of Sustainable Development, 102 pp., Karolinum Prague (in Czech)
- J. Klarer, B. Moldan (Eds.): The Environmental Challenge for Central European Economies in ransition, 1997, John Wiley Chichester, 280 pp.
- B. Moldan, S. Billharz (Eds.): Indicators of Sustainable Development, 1997, SCOPE 58 John Wiley, Chichester, 420 pp.
- B. Moldan, J. Černý (Eds.): Biogeochemistry of Small Catchments: A Tool for Environmental Research, 1994, SCOPE 51, John Wiley Chichester, 450 pp.